Saturday 3 September 2016

Bill Gates quotes that are inspiring and funny.

1. Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose
2. Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.
3. One of the wonderful things about the information highway is that virtual equity is far easier to achieve than real-world equity...We are all created equal in the virtual world and we can use this equality to help address some of the sociological problems that society has yet to solve in the physical world.
4. If I were a guy who just wanted to win, I would have already moved on to another arena. If I'd had some set idea of a finish line, don't you think I would have crossed it years ago?
5. Like almost everyone who uses e-mail, I receive a ton of spam every day. Much of it offers to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It would be funny if it weren't so irritating.
6. I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.
7. It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
8. I'm certainly well taken care of in terms of food and clothes. Money has no utility to me beyond a certain point. Its utility is entirely in building an organization and getting the resources out to the poorest in the world.
9. We've done some good work, but all of these products become obsolete so fast... It will be some finite number of years, and I don't know the number — before our doom comes
10. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
11Considering their impact, you might expect mosquitoes to get more attention than they do. Sharks kill fewer than a dozen people every year, and in the U.S. they get a week dedicated to them on TV every year.
12. Microsoft has had clear competitors in the past. It's a good thing we have museums to document that.
13. If I think something's a waste of time or inappropriate I don't wait to point it out. I say it right away. It's real time. So you might hear me say 'That's the dumbest idea I have ever heard' many times during a meeting
14. It's possible, you can never know, that the universe exists only for me. If so, it's sure going well for me, I must admit.
15. If you can't make it good, at least make it look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment