Tuesday 9 August 2016

Great Nation

If you are Nigerian, you should be thankful and proud. Did you know that Nigeria has one of the best music industries in Africa and the world at large? Did you know that Nigerian students break records in different parts of the world, even at top universities every year? Did you also know that Nigeria is one of the richest countries in Africa? Well, I know what you are the thinking, “upon all the wealth we still dey suffer”. Trust me I feel your pain too but whining and complaining will not solve anything. Growing up I listened to my elder ones sit down and discuss the problems with our leaders and how corrupt the Nigerian political system is but no one ever took it upon themselves to speak up or fight for a better Nigeria.

klyngist.blogspot.com/great_nation                       Classic Naija in the 60s. deltabreed.com

Nigeria used to be that orderly? Wow! Take a look at that sidewalk. Is this possible today? In my opinion, it is not impossible. However, we do not need the military rule to make us civilized. All we need is a better you and me. Let us quit complaining and use our gifts and visions to build our nation.

I wasn’t around when Nigeria still had a perfect railway system, or a postal system that worked but I am sure my parents and all born in that day can testify that Nigeria is no more what it used to be. What really went wrong though?

The average Nigerian blames our leaders and the economy for all of our struggles. It is time to start blaming ourselves. Instead of seating at home ranting or job hunting for months without results, we can use our great minds and create our own businesses, get an education, or even go into that office of power and make those changes we are all craving.

Watch out for more on Naija on KlynGist.





No comments:

Post a Comment